Preschool Group Programs
CNC’s preschool curriculum introduces young children to nature through enjoyable outdoor learning activities in a safe environment.
A typical preschool program averages one-hour including both indoor & outdoor experiences, a story read by a naturalist, going on a short hike to observe nature, making a craft to bring home, and meeting a live animal.
Some of our programs can only be offered during certain times of the year. Please look closely at the program you wish to schedule and that it is available during the season of your visit. In some cases programs can be modified. Call 651-437-4359 for more information.
- Amazing Amphibians (Spring, Summer, Fall)– Learn about amphibians and their life cycles on a short hike to a pond. Meet and touch a live animal.
- Animals in Winter (Winter)– Learn how animals prepare for a chilly winter and meet some live animals who adapt to the cold.
- Bugs (Summer, Fall)- Take a short hike and explore bug life and habitats. Meet a creature that eats bugs for lunch.
- Colors in Nature (Spring, Summer, Fall)- Discover how plants and animals use color in special ways and meet a live animal.
- Creepin’ Crawlies (Spring, Summer, Fall)- Wiggle and crawl like a worm, learn where worms live, and hike outside to find worms.
- Exploring Nature with Our Senses (Spring, Summer, Fall)- Use your senses to see, touch, hear, and smell the wonders of nature.
- Feathered Friends (Spring, Summer, Fall)- Go birding to look for signs of bird activity, learn how to call to owls, and meet a live bird.
- Hibernation (Fall, Winter)- Investigate hibernation hiding places, sing a song and meet a live animal that hibernates in the winter months.
- Orchard Fun (Fall)- Walk through CNC’s apple orchard to learn how apples grow. You’ll pick apples and try fresh pressed apple cider.
- Planting Party (Spring, Summer)- Learn how seeds turn into beautiful plants. You’ll then plant seeds to take home.
- Rabbits (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)- Meet our ambassador rabbit Sapa and learn where he lives, how he moves, and what he eats.
- Tumble into Fall (Fall)- Find leaves of many colors and shapes, watch creatures prepare for winter, and meet a live animal.
- Turtles (Spring, Summer, Fall)- Learn about the fascinating lives of turtles, and observe their amazing adaptations by meeting one.
- Syruping (March Only)- Tap a tree and sample some home-made maple syrup.
$5.00 per child/ 50 child max
Certified teachers and Student Aids are FREE
$5.00 per additional adult chaperone
$50.00 program minimum
Group sizes should be at least 10 participants. Please call to discuss options for larger groups.
CNC welcomes all participants regardless of abilities. Please inform us if there will be a participant with limited mobility when scheduling so that we may make appropriate accommodations.
CNC staff is First Aid & CPR certified and trained to respond to emergencies. However, participants must bring their own medication if necessary.
CNC staff is prepared to deal with most discipline situations. A naturalist may ask for the teacher’s assistance if problems arise.
Accommodations for the Weather
The majority of programs take place outside. It is essential that leaders properly prepare participants to dress for the weather and the chance of getting dirty. CNC staff is prepared to go out in any weather. Leaders are responsible for canceling or rescheduling if participants aren’t prepared for the field trip.
Deposits and Cancellations
A $50 deposit (credited to your program cost) is required to reserve a program. If CNC does not receive it in a timely fashion, we reserve the right to schedule another group in the time slot. If a group fails to give CNC a two-week advance notice of cancellation the deposit will not be refunded.
Reservations for each season will be taken after the following dates:
School Year – June 1
Summer – January 1