As the energy needs of the world grow, and the supply of fossil fuels shrink, many are turning to alternative energy options such as solar. CNC joined the alternative energy movement in 2012 with the installation of solar panels on the roof of our pavilion. The energy produced by the panels helps power the electrical systems in our Visitor Center. Click through the slideshow below to learn more!
12805 St. Croix Trail S.
Hastings, MN 55033
300 East Cove Road
Hudson, WI 54016
Latest Nature News
- Carpenter Nature Center adds first St. Croix antenna to wildlife-tracking networkOctober 20, 2020 - 3:17 pm
- Insect MigrationSeptember 3, 2020 - 3:08 pm
- Nature Poetry: May 2020 Contest Entries & WinnersJune 8, 2020 - 1:23 pm
- Leave No Trace Principle 7: Be Considerate of Other VisitorsApril 26, 2020 - 9:00 am
- Leave No Trace Principle 6: Respect WildlifeApril 25, 2020 - 9:00 am